- I get hype for summer every year! And then I remember I’m a grown woman who doesn’t get two months off from anything. Boo!
- LG’s last day of school was Thursday and much like her mama, she is hype for summer and all of the activities that it brings – we’ve already been to the pool once and since I was going to have to do her hair anyway, she spent most of yesterday splashing herself with the water hose.
- Saturday we went to a cookout at Smoochy’s uncle’s house. Man, look, we had all kinds of fun! I rode a four wheeler – that thing was awesome! I laughed the whole time I was on there. I see why people love them so. LG took a ride or 5 and now of course, Smoochy wants one. Nah man.
- I also managed to find a hula hoop and got some serious hooping in. I had so much fun that I ran out and bought myself a new, weighted hula hoop. I plan on whittling this midsection on down!
- LG spent most of Saturday night playing with crawfish. I don’t think she realized they were going to be a part of her dinner later on 🙂
- Smoochy was home Saturday, most of Sunday (he did a quick run to LA), and until about 6:00 yesterday. Nice!
- The 100 black men of Jackson are doing free swim lessons for the kiddos this summer. Thank y’all very kindly! Wish they were doing free ones for adults as well. I have got to get my swimming game up to par.
- My goal this year was to read all the books I have in my Kindle app. Not sure that’s going to happen since I’ve got over 100 books in there and have only finished 30 and we’re halfway through the year.
- I don’t know why every weekend can’t be a three day weekend. I promise I can get all my work done in 4 days.
- What reader are y’all using for blogs now? My job is cracking down (again) on extracurricular websites and a lot of blogs are blocked 😦
- Bought the cutest striped maxi dress at Target Thursday. Thinking about going back and getting it in every available color.
- My brother called me the other day and sounded slightly winded. Turns out he’s getting in shape for our upcoming vacay – my dad – bless his heart – will not so subtly point out when one is getting a little thick around the middle and aint nobody got time for that! I laughed. And then told my brother I’d been thinking the same thing and stepped my workouts up a notch!
- Anyhoo, how was your weekend? What’s your favorite part of summer?
As you can see, she is good and well terrified of new experiences…or not 🙂