Being sick? So not my thing. I started feeling bad Wednesday, skipped Bible Study, no work on Thursday or Friday, stayed in the bed all weekend. Well, except for a random burst of energy on Saturday where I hopped up, made chicken and dumplings and a pound cake, then hopped right back in the bed and proceeded to sleep, take NyQuil shots, and watch/listen to a lot of bad television. I had a lot of time to think. Some of my thoughts were lucid, some were no doubt influenced by the constant turning up of the NyQuil shot glass.
- The Golden Girls? Funny then, funny now. Friends? Sucks. Was it ever good?
- I don’t think I’d let my son play football if I had one. These news reports about concussions, brain damage, and other long term effects are just scary. Not that it takes decades of research to realize that repeated hits to the head aren’t the best thing in the world. I’m glad I don’t have a son. Smoochy would want him to play regardless.
- People in black face for Halloween – or any other occasion – are idiots.
- I think people forget that just because laws changed people’s hearts didn’t necessarily do the same. We’ll always have racists among us. Always.
- My scalp is crazy dry. I don’t think coconut oil – as much as I love the way it feels and smells – is doing me any favors. Back to olive oil I go.
- LG walked in my room at some point on Saturday, called me a mouth breather then turned and ran down the stairs. I wanted to scold her for lack of empathy but I was laughing too hard.
- After 14 years Smoochy has finally learned that all I want when I don’t feel well is to be left alone. No noise, no conversation, really, you don’t even have to check on me unless it’s to make sure I’m still breathing. I just want my bed, several pillows, the remote, and the aforementioned NyQuil.
- I don’t blame Co.nrad M.urray for Mi.chael Jackson’s death. Really, I don’t. I think he’s an unethical dude and I wouldn’t trust him with the care of anyone I care about, but 2 years in jail is more than enough. I’m glad he’s out.
- I think I’m buying a computer for the house for Christmas. As tempted as I am to get a laptop, I think a desktop would serve us better.
- UAPB finally won a football game. We beat Mississippi Valley 38-18. We are now…1-7. Oh well.
- I read a lot of blogs. But don’t comment as much as I used to. I need to do better.
- My middle brother and his wife may move to Houston. That’s where my oldest little brother lives as well. I want to move. I’m sick of not being near my family.
That’s it. What’s shaking in your neck of the woods?