Happy 2014! I’m not going to summarize books this year. Just list what I’ve read and assign them one of three ratings – Yea, Nay, or If You’re Bored. Got it? Good! Now read!
1. Leaving Green Island by Em Barrett. Fiction. (If You’re Bored)
2. March with Me by Rosalie T. Turner. Historical Fiction. (Yea)
3. Anybody’s Daughter by Pamela Samuels Young. Fiction, Thriller. (Yea)
4. Buying Time by Pamela Samuels Young. Fiction, Thriller. (Yea)
5. Louisiana Longshot by Jana Deleon. Fiction. Humorous Mystery. (If You’re Bored)
6. I Come Alone by Michelle J Coote. Nonfiction, personal travelogue. (Nay)
7. The Greatest Gift of All by Chandra Sparks Taylor. YA Fiction. (Nay)
8. Grave Danger by Heather Graham. Ficition, Thriller, Short Story. (Nay)
9. Guilt Trip by Ben Rehder. Fiction. Murder Mystery. (Nay)
10. Maui Widow Waltz by JoAnn Bassett. Fiction. Murder Mystery. (If You’re Bored).
11. Skeleton Canyon by J A Jance. Fiction. Murder Mystery. (Yea)
12. Keeper of Keys by Bernice McFadden. Fiction. Short Story. (Nay)
13. The House Girl by Tara Conklin. Historical Fiction. (Yea/If You’re Bored)
14. A Madman’s Song by Jim Martin. Horror/Thriller. (Nay/If You’re Bored)
15. And the Mountains Echoed by Khaled Hosseini. Fiction. (Yea). This is Hosseini’s third book and while it wasn’t as good as his first two books – they were both excellent – this was a good read, and my eyes may have done some sweating while I read it. If you’ve not read this author, I strongly encourage you to do so.
16. The Intercept by Dick Wolf. Fiction. Thriller. (Yea)
17. Six Years by Harlan Coben. Mystery-ish. (Yea)
18. The Girls of Atomic City by Denise Kiernan. Historical. (Yea)